To choose the right computer software for your office, answer these ESSENTIAL questions:
• What features in the software are essential to my practice?
• How will this software enhance my practice?
• How easy is it to learn the program?
• What do I want to accomplish with this software?
• How will the program save time?
• How will the program increase income?
• How can the program be used to increase patient retention?
• In what way will the program make my staff more productive?
• How will the program save money?
• Do I need a limited program for only one task, or do I need a comprehensive integrated program to handle every office task that can be computerized?
The answers to these questions provide the basis to decide which program is right for you.
Before you purchase:
1. Get a demonstration—use the words “SHOW ME.”
2. Make sure the software does everything its manufacturer claims. (Some companies base their advertising on planned development, and the feature you need now may not yet be functional. Reliable companies advertise only what already works, and tell you what is in development only when you ask).
3. Get information on the company itself. Has the company been in business for more than 10 years? Is it owned by a doctor that is familiar with your professional needs? Was the program designed by a practicing doctor?
Once you have all this information, it will be easy to choose the program that is best for you.
Dr. Paul Bindell began Life Systems Software so that the profession would have reliable computer programs based on real chiropractic practice. Dr. Bindell can be reached by email at